SALMON STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS
* 4 large green peppers
* 1 ( 1 lb.) can drained and flaked salmon
* 1 cup soft bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup finely diced celery
* 1/3 cup mayonnaise
* 1 egg
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
* 1/2 cup ( 125ml ) ELEA Olive Oil
* 1 tablespoon minced onion
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon tabasco sauce
* 2 slices process cheese cut in strips
- Cut slice from upper third of each pepper to make scalloped edge. Finely dice slices. Remove seeds and membranes. Parboil peppers in oven for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Thoroughly mix diced green pepper with remaining ingredients, except cheese. Fill pepper shells with salmon mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers upright in greased shallow baking dish.
Cook in oven 10-12 minutes, turn dish every 4 minutes.
- Arrange cheese strips on each pepper.
4 servings, 40 minutes cooking time!
* 1/2 cup . “ELEA” Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1-1/2 lbs. halibut steaks
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
* 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
* 1 minced clove garlic
* 1 ( 1 lb.) can stewed tomatoes
* 1 ( 3 oz. ) can drained, sliced, broiled mushrooms
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon sugar
* Dash Tabasco
- Arrange halibut in greased 2-quart utility dish. Set aside.
- Place onion, green pepper, celery, garlic and “ELEA” Olive Oil in small bowl. Cook in preheated oven for 5 minutes, stir every minute.
- Blend in tomatoes, mushrooms and seasonings. Pour over fish. Cook in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Let stand covered 5 minutes before serving.
4 low-calorie servings at 96 calories each to serve special people!
* One large eggplant
* Two slices of bacon
* One tablespoon “ELEA” Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* One cup chopped onion
* One large chopped green pepper
* One (1lb.) can partially drained stewed tomatoes
* One teaspoon leaf oregano
* One teaspoon leaf basil
* 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* One tablespoon chopped pimiento
* One tablespoon capers
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Score surface crosswise, leaving shell intact. Remove and cube pulp of eggplant. Set aside.
- Cook bacon well enough to preference. Remove bacon. Discard drippings. Add onion and green pepper to skillet. Cook in preheated oven for 7 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking time. Mix everything together very well with the “ELEA” Extra Virgin Olive Oil . Add eggplant cubes, tomatoes and seasonings.
- Cook in preheated oven 15-20 minutes, or until eggplant is tender. Stir halfway through cooking time. Drain juices. Fill eggplant shells with vegetable mixture. Garnish with crumbled bacon, pimiento and capers.
TIP: Grecian Eggplant can be prepared ahead of time, refrigerated, then reheated in oven.
Spiced Cider Baked Ham
4 servings of cider sauce and ham to serve special people!
* Two (1 – inch thick) center cut slices of ham steak
* One cup sweet cider or apple juice
* Half a tea cup “ELEA” Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* One large sized onion
* Three table spoons brown sugar
* 1/2 cup corn syrup
* 1/2 seedless raisins
* Two tablespoons cornstarch
* Two tablespoons water
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven skillet for 6 minutes. Cook one steak 4 minutes per side. Repeat cooking time with second steak.
- With both steaks in skillet, pour olive oil, cider, onion and sugar over top. Cook in oven for 20 minutes. Turn dish halfway through cooking time. Prepare spiced cider sauce using 1/2 cup ham drippings.
- Combine drippings, corn syrup and raisins in small bowl. Cook in oven for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch, water and spices. Cook in oven for 4 minutes until thickened. Stir half way through cooking time. Serve sauce over ham.
Spaghetti & Meat Sauce
4-6 servings, 60 minutes cooking time!
* 6 tbsp “ELEA” Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 500 grams spaghetti
* 1 kg minced meat
* 1 medium sized onion
* 750 grams ripe tomatoes
* 1 tbsp chopped parsley
* 2 cinnamon sticks
* 2-3 cloves, salt, pepper
* 250 grams of grated cheese
- Cook the spaghetti in the usual manner.
- Put the minced meat in a pan with “ELEA” Olive Oil and chopped onion to sauté.
- Stir the minced meat to avoid lumps from forming.
- Add the strained tomatoes or the tomato paste dissolved in 2 cups of water, salt, pepper, cinnamon and cloves. Let it cook in light heat for one hour to absorb the liquid so that only a little sauce remains.
- Serve the spaghetti on a platter sprinkled with cheese and spread with the meat sauce.
6. Sprinkle the meat sauce with grated cheese as well
Greek Cheese Omelet
3 servings, 20 minutes cooking time!
* 5 tbsp “ELEA” Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 130 gram grated cheese
* 5 eggs
* 3 tbsp milk
* A little salt
* A little pepper
- Break the eggs in a large, deep bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, milk and beat lightly with a fork.
- Add grated cheese. Meanwhile bring the olive oil to cooking level.
- Now remove from the heat and add the beaten eggs. Stir briefly with a fork, shake the pan lightly to spread the omelet.
- Let the egg fry until it becomes thick, fold the omelet in half and serve on a large dish.
Orange Cookies with ELEA Olive Oil
INGREDIENTS: FOR ABOUT 25 COOKIES
* 3 large eggs
* 1/2 cup of ELEA Extra Virgin Olive oil
* 1 cup of sugar
* 1 cup of raisins
* 1 1/2 tsp of orange juice from an orange and the rind of three oranges
* 2 1/2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour perhaps a bit more or less to form a moist and sticky dough
* 1 tsp of baking powder
* dash of salt
HOW TO MAKE THE COOKIES:
1.Beat the eggs and sugar for a few minutes until a bit thick; add the ELEA olive oil in and beat lightly. Add the orange rind and orange juice. Toss the raisins[ if using,] in a bit of flour to coat add to batter. Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and add the dry mixture to the batter until combined.
2.Using a a tablespoon, form even-sized balls of dough; poke in the middle with the handle of the spoon to form a hole and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350F oven (180C) for 15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden.
TO GLAZE THE COOKIES After they have been baked
Use 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 tbsp of ELEA Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3-5 tablespoons of fresh orange juice, 1 tsp of orange rind: Melt over low heat and dunk the cookies one by one in the glaze. Cool
Place on a fancy dish with a doily. Serve with fresh brewed coffee,or tea.
***********************************************************Chocolate Cake with Mint
6-7 servings, 45 minutes preparation time!
* 1/2 cup “ELEA” Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 2 cups of sugar
* 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour, sifted
* 3 1/4 cups cocoa
* 1 teaspoon soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup of milk
* 2 drops vanilla essence
* 1 cup warm water
* 1/2 cup mint, finely chopped
* 2 tbsp “ELEA” Extra Virgin Olive Oil to brush cake tin
* 1 tbsp flour to drizzle in cake tin
* 1 cup of your favourite marmalade
* Mint leaves to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven at 200ºC. Mix the sugar with the flour, cocoa, soda, salt, vanilla and mint in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, mix the eggs ( whisked ) with milk, olive oil and warm water.
- Pour the contents of the second bowl into the first and process in a blender for 2-3 minutes and then manually for 6-7 minutes.
- Oil and flour a long cake tin and add in the cake mixture.
- Bake at 180ºC for 40-45 minutes.
- When cake is done serve it with your favourite marmalade and garnish with fresh mint.
Olive Oil Bread
Using Extra-virgin olive oil is a secret ingredient needed to make this moist, dense, lightly sweet bread. Perfect as an afternoon snack or for breakfast with fresh brewed coffee!
Makes 8 servings
Ingredients needed to make the bread
* 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* pinch salt
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1/2 cup ELEA EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
* 1/2 cup sultana raisins
* grated zest of 1 lemon or orange
* 1/4 cup PISTACHIO nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the brown sugar. Add the eggs, milk, ELEA OLIVE OIL and beat well.
- Toss the raisins in a little flour to coat them lightly. Add the raisins and lemon or orange zest to the flour and egg mixture and stir to distribute evenly.
- Oil and flour a loaf pan. Transfer the batter into the pan and smooth the surface. Sprinkle the top with pistachio nuts and with your finger push them into and under the batter. Bake for 55 minutes, or until a thin skewer inserted in the center comes out dry. Let cool for a few minutes. Take out of mold and cool on a rack.
- Share and enjoy!!!
- Make extra and freeze in a food bag for up to one year!
- Remove from freezer, defrost, pop in the warmed, oven for 10 minutes and it will taste like you just made it!